Full time - Replacement positions for Semester One 2018.
The Catholic School is more than an educative institution; it is a key part of the Church, and an essential element in the Church's mission. So too staff in the Catholic school are more than employees - they minister in the name of the Church and of the Gospel in one way or another.
All staff at St Monica's College have an indispensable role to play. It is expected of all employed in a Catholic School that they:
- accept the Catholic educational philosophy of the school;
- respect and reflect through word and action The Code of Professional Practice;
- develop and maintain an adequate understanding of those aspects of Catholic teaching that touch upon their subject areas and other aspects of their work;
- by their teaching and other work and by personal example strive to help students to understand, accept and appreciate Catholic teaching and values;
- avoid, whether by word, action or public lifestyle, influence upon students that is contrary to the teaching and values of the Church community in whose name they act;
- comply with the accreditation policy of the Catholic Education Commission of Victoria to teach in a Catholic school;
- be committed to regular ongoing professional development;
- be qualified as required by The Victorian Institute of Teaching.